Friday, April 13, 2012

Dead Is a State of Mind Review




Finally, I finished the second book in the Dead is Series by Marlene Perez.  Once again, it wasn’t very long but the witty teenage humor made up for it ten-fold. Daisy’s wise-crack thinking along with the rest of the colorful characters had me chuckling at times. I must say that I was just like Daisy growing up and can relate to some of the things she is going through well minus the whole psychic things since I’m not psychic and the whole weird town though mine is pretty strange so maybe I’m not too far off. Lol :D

I do have to say that the story is intriguing and has me hooked. I can’t help but wonder about Daisy’s father and his mysterious disappearance and the other secret society out to destroy all supernatural beings. Are they the reason he disappeared? Was ‘Duke’ telling Daisy the truth about him being alive? Will we see more of this deadly society in the near future? Well, there is only one way to find out and that is to read the following book in the series.  So ta-ta for now I’m off to read the next installment of the Dead is Series. Peace Y’all….

No comments:

Post a Comment